-An Educational Entrepreneur
Office Address :
ERD Foundation, ERDF Bhawan, Hatigaon, Guwahati-38, Assam
Present Residential Address : House No 16, Nabamilan Path, Lastgate,
Dispur, Guwahati-06, Assam
Permanent Address : Vill. Purbagool, Patharkandi, Dist. Karimganj, Assam
Email : email@example.com
Telefax : 0361-2235768/098540-26806
in Village Purbogool under Patharkandi of Karimganj District of Assam on
December 1, 1973, Mahbubul Hoque did his matriculation from Karimganj with star
marks, HS (Science) from G.C. College, Silchar, B.Sc(Hons) & MCA from Aligarh
Muslim University (AMU) securing first class second rank in the year 2000.
Mahbubul Hoque is brought up with lots of struggle since his childhood days. He
lost his father when he was studying in Class VII in the year 1981 who was a
govt. service holder & the only earning source of the family. Then he started to
take tuitions to bear the costs of his study, he even sold home cultivated
vegetables in the market. Later he also lost his mother while he was studying in
Class XII in the year 1991. To add to his woes, his elder brother also died
suddenly in a tragic accident suspected to be a conspiracy in September 1998 who
was partially helping him financially for his higher studies.
Although he had lucrative job offers in Multinationals & IT industry, he started
his career as an Educational Entrepreneur. He started Central IT
College with one computer & 4 students in the year 2001. He managed finance
by assembling computers which was sold in the market to establish a computer lab
which had later become the 2nd largest centre in India under SMU. That was the
mere beginning, after that he did not have to look back. He continued his
struggle in the field of education & succeeded to achieve milestones one after
In order to strengthen the education infrastructure of the North East, Mahbubul
Hoque set up the Education Research & Development Foundation (ERDF) in
2005 under his chairmanship. Today, under the aegis of the Foundation, he has
established the following institutions:
• Founder & Chancellor of University of Science & Technology, Meghalaya;
nominated as Chancellor of the University by His Excellency, the Governor of
Meghalaya, the Visitor of USTM.
• Founder & Chairman of Regional Institute of Science & Technology, 9th
Mile, affiliated to North Eastern Hill University, Shillong & approved by All
India Council of Technical Education, New Delhi.
• Founder & Chairman of Regional College of Higher Education, Guwahati, a
professional College affiliated to North Eastern Hill University, Shillong.
• Founder of two CBSE affiliated schools at Karimganj namely Central
Public School-Patharkandi & Central Public School-Badarpur.
• Founder of Fakhruddin Ali Ahmed Centre for Coaching & Guidance, Guwahati.
• Founder of HOQUE 20 (a scheme to fully sponsor 20 brilliant poor
students for IAS coaching)
• Founder of Centre for Educational Rehabilitation of strife affected
• Founder of Prof. Qoumrul Hoque School of Education
• Founder of University School of Law & Research
• Founder of K.N. Begum Women’s College, Badarpur
the schemes : a)
Prof Qoumrul Hoque Memorial Scholarship
b) Khairun Nessa Begum Womens Endowment
c) Dr Bhupen Hazarika Fellowship
d) Prof Qoumrul Hoque Memorial Endowment for Microfinance
Awards & Recognitions :
• Received Educlusion Award at Re-engineering India Summit-2014 held at
Singapore from Prof. Thomas L Magnanti, President of Singapore University
of Technology & Design on the occasion of Engineers’ Day.
• Felicitated at Chicago, USA by Federation of Aligarh Alumni
Associations (FAAA) in their thirteenth convention.
• Received “Most Influencial Edupreneur of India” award on the occasion
of World CSR Day in Mumbai.
• Awarded with the prestigious “Edupreneur Award” by Engineering Watch
from Dr. Shashi Tharoor, Union Minister of State for Human Resource Development
at the Engineers’ Conclave 2013, selected by a jury of Vice Chancellors of 5
Technical Universities of India & other high level officials including officials
from Ministry of Communications & IT and Member Parliament, Govt. of India.
• Received “Maulana Abdul Jalil Choudhury Memorial Award” for the year
2013 from North East India Emarat-e-Shariah.
• Minority Educational Leadership Award by MOMEIN, New Delhi handed over
by Chairman, Minority Commission, Govt of India.
• Awarded by “maeeshat”-India’s 1st Magazine focusing Minorities Business
& Economy at the 6th All India Minorities Business Summit & Awards 2014.
• Received SMU Excellence Award when Central IT College was ranked 2nd in
all over India for consecutive 6 years.
• Felicitated by the Minority Welfare Society, CABSFORD Public Relations, Public
Relations Society of India, Eid Ujjapan Samiti, Silchar & various other
organisations for his contribution to the field of education & social work.
Collaborative and R&D initiatives :
Mr. Hoque has already signed MoUs with different national &
international organizations as well as Universities of
repute for initiating different R&D activities such as
Jawaharlal Nehru University, Jamia Milia Islamia,
CSIR-NEIST; CSIR-CRRI, New Delhi; Tezpur University,
NIT-Silchar, Bangladesh University of Health Sc., UNR,
Indonesia; Gauhati University; Confederation of Indian
Industries (CII) and NIIT Ltd. Collaborations with other
national & international organizations & Universities are
also under process.
Welfare activities :
Mr. Hoque has initiated lots of welfare activities like Free
education to poor meritorious students, Scholarships,
Endowment Funds, Fellowships, Emergency treatment & medical
assistance for poor & economically weaker sections of
society, Interest free Loans, Marriage Loans, Awareness
Campaigns & rallies/street plays, Relief drives, all
religion prayer meetings etc.
For details visit : www.mahbubulhoque.com /
www.erdf.edu.in / www.rist.ac.in /